A long standing tradition of Japanese culture, Matcha Green Tea is the highest quality powdered green tea available. Made from the nutrient-rich young leaves picked from the tips of shade-grown Camellia sinensis plants, Matcha Green Tea is steamed, stemmed, and de-vined before being stone-ground into very fine powder. Matcha Green Tea powder is then stored away from light and oxygen in order to preserve its brilliant green color and antioxidant properties. This miracle elixir has been consumed for over a millennium in the Far East, and is now considered to be one of the most powerful super foods on the market today.
Below are just some of the many benefits of Macha-tea!
1. High in Antioxidants
2. Loaded with Catechin, EGCg
3. May enhance calmness
4. May boost Memory and Concentration
5. May increase Energy Levels and Endurance
6. May burn Calories
7. May detoxify the Body
8. May fortify the Immune System
9. May improve Cholesterol
How do you make Matcha tea?
- Sift 1-2 tsp matcha into a cup using a small sifter.
- Add 2oz/60ml hot water. For best results use water just under a boil.
- Whisk vigorously (with our whisk) in a zig zag motion until the tea is frothy.
- Enjoy your matcha tea straight from the bowl.